Academic Registrar's Office
Let's Introduce Ourselves!
The Insurance Training College (ITC) of Uganda was established in 1964 as the training arm of Uganda’s Insurance sector. The College is recognized under the Insurance (amendment) Act 2011, which came into force in 2011 as the Insurance Institute of Uganda (IIU) and by the Insurance Act 2017 which transformed the Institute into the Insurance Training College of Uganda, a public tertiary institution.
ITC is licensed by National Council for Higher Education (NHCE) and all its Programmes are accredited and recognized by NCHE.
Examinations are conducted following an intake of a programme.
Certificate of Proficiency (COP) & Certificate in Insurance (CIU) exams are conducted almost every other month.
Diploma in Insurance exams are conducted twice a year; in July and December.
Registration for Exams
A student shall be eligible to sit Exams (written or online) if he/she is;
- Fully registered as a student of the College after satisfying the admission and verification requirements
- Cleared with the Finance department to confirm payment of the required fees according to the fees policy
- Cleared with the Training department to confirm if the required study requirements for that module were fulfilled
Format of exams
- Certificate of proficiency – Written or Online depending on admitted number of students in that intake
- Certificate in Insurance – Written exams
- Diploma in Insurance – Written exams
An overview of the Examination related policies
The objectives of the admissions policy are to:
- Provide a framework for qualifying professionals in the Insurance Industry.
- Provide guidance to students on admission and registration requirements.
- Provide guidelines for managing the admission process.
- Define the control measures that ensure integrity of the admission process.
The focus of the Examination process of the College is on the following key areas:
Mode of assessment
- Continuous assessment
- Summative assessment
- Examination Re-sits
- Examination Time-Table
- Examination Rules & Procedures
- Examination Session
- Invigilation of Examinations
- approval and publication of Results
Exams for students with special needs policy
This policy is intended to ensure that the College’s examination system facilities students with special needs to be provided a conducive environment that supports and helps them compete fairly.
Exam Malpractice policy
The objectives of the policy are to;
- Ensure the maintenance of the highest ethical standards and integrity of the College’s examinations by ensuring examination malpractices are investigated and appropriate sanctions applied to the offending persons.
- Set out how cases of malpractice shall be dealt with in the College. The policy guides on how any act that compromises the integrity of the assessment process of the College is handled.
Appeals for Remarking policy
The objective of this policy is to ensure students are provided with an opportunity to appeal for remarking their summative assessment if they are dissatisfied with the final mark(s) in a given course unit(s).
Credit Transfer policy
- The objective of this Policy is provide a framework that governs the application procedure and granting of transfer of credit(s) to a student for a course unit(s) studied at another equivalent program.
- Once an application for transfer of credit is approved, the College shall reflect the transferred credits on the student’s academic transcript.
Course Exemptions Policy
This policy outlines the principles that apply to students seeking exemption in one or more course units on a program at the College. The College may grant course exemption on the basis of demonstrable relevant prior learning/training in the course unit where it is demonstrated.
Revocation of award
- The objective of this policy is to ensure maintenance of the integrity and competitiveness of all certificates, diplomas and other qualification awards by the college by revoking and withdrawing any such award that was obtained fraudulently or by means other than those set out by the College.
- The policy also provides the principles, guidelines and consequences of revocation of an award.
Online Examinations policy
The policy sets out the rules and regulations that govern the College’s online exams.
One thing I love about ITC is that it’s not about College, it’s about life. Even though you’re pursuing an academic certification, ITC teaches in such a way that it’s about your pursuit of life and how these skills are going to help you in life.
– Mark, CIU, class of 2020
WE ARE ENHANCING PROFESSIONALISM
With an affordable and flexible path, you
can earn your Certificate in Insurance in three years or less.
LOOKING TO START YOUR CAREER IN INSURANCE?
Looking to start your career at ITC? We offer certified, Structured, and short term trainings, plus in-demand Insurance certifications.
JOIN A SUPPORTIVE COMMUNITY
Looking for a supportive community that will help guide, inspire and nurture your career path? Learn more about finding your path.
We are here for you.
No matter your next step, we’ll get you ready. We invite you to explore our academic programs.
ITC IN A GLANCE COLLEGE LEADERSHIP
READY FOR WHAT'S NEXT