ITC - Governance
The Insurance Training College (ITC) of Uganda is a public tertiary institution serving as the training and membership arm of Uganda’s Insurance sector with the mandate to carry out Education, Training, professional development, and promoting professionalism in the insurance sector. ITC is licensed by National Council for Higher Education (NHCE).
In fulfilling our mandate of enhancing professionalism, ITC undertakes the following activities.
1. Training : The College continuously improves training approaches based on insights from practitioners and global trends. Training is targeted towards the application of skills and knowledge in order to address relevant, practical workplace challenges and therefore keep the students engaged.
Certified Insurance Courses: ITC’s certified courses include.
Advanced Diploma in Insurance (ADIU)
Diploma in Insurance (DIU)
Certificate in Insurance (CIU)
Certificate of Proficiency (COP) in Insurance
The CIU and DIU are also minimum qualification requirements for Bank Specified Officers and Principal Officers respectively under the Bancassurance regulations of 2017.
2. Short Term Trainings: The College throughout the year offers several relevant and practical short-term courses and trainings ranging from half a day to 5 days on topical issues applicable to the industry practitioners and the general public.
Some of the short-term trainings conducted in 2022 include:
Marine risks underwriting
Award in health insurance
Fundamentals of banking
Oil and gas insurance proficiency in travel insurance, and many others
The Certified and Short-Term Trainings are conducted either face to face or online using the ITC e-learning management platform.
3. Membership Services: The College also offers membership services to a wide range of industry companies, practitioners, and professionals. ITC currently boasts of over 2,500 members in the different professional categories with an array of benefits for both companies and individuals.
The ITC membership arm has successfully engaged industry practitioners in activities such as quizzes, sports events, webinars, benchmarking engagements, and spiritual and wellness activities which contribute toward developing ‘whole’ professionals within the workforce.
4. Consultancy: ITC offers advisory and consultancy services to members and the general Public in the areas of Insurance, risk management, Research, Training, Programme development, Bancassurance, Pensions, marketing, management, and recruitment, among others.
5. Research : Through the ITC research agenda, the college has been able to contribute toward new knowledge and innovation, especially in insurance industry delivery processes. With improved processes, practitioners have managed to reach more market segments, improved communication, and understanding of customer behavior.
The Insurance Training College (ITC) of Uganda was established in 1964 as the training arm of Uganda’s Insurance sector. The College is recognized under the Insurance (amendment) Act 2011, which came into force in 2011 as the Insurance Institute of Uganda (IIU) and by the Insurance Act 2017 which transformed the Institute into the Insurance Training College of Uganda, a public tertiary institution.
To be the premier insurance training college in the region.
To deliver highly competent human capital for the insurance sector.
Professionalism, Excellence, Innovation, Teamwork
CONNECT WITH US ON FACEBOOK